Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday

Yay! :) It's Saturday again and I am loving it. Among the 7 days in a week, I always love Saturday the best. It is because it is the only day I get more rest, no tension, no stress and no worry day for me. I try to give myself a day where I can at least relax after the hectic life I am going through almost everyday. So, today after coming back from class, sat on the sofa and dropped dead.  I napped almost WHOLE day! I slept without any worries as I still got Sunday. I felt great and happy. Hehe. I have been sleeping everyday at around 3 am to 3.30 am trying to finish my work which it is always not 100% finished in the end. So imagine how tired am I. 

***

Before I start my Art course, I always thought I will be good in designing and bad in drawing. So, I choose Advertising Design for my major. When I start my Art course, my work is really terrible at the beginning. I tried very hard to draw but I always draw human like aliens and I draw still-life objects that it looked like it doesn't looked like an object. I was so disappointed. I thought I was no good in Arts too and I am good for nothing. But however, I tried to comfort my self that who knows I am good in design. 

Well, I was wrong. I hate designs? Yes, I do. I am bad in designing. Every time I was assigned with my Design class assignment, my work always got rejected or got critiqued till very bad. There's one home assignment, I had designed 50 designs and got all rejected. My eyes starts to become watery in class, cause I worked really hard on it . Only 2 person in my class got rejected. See how failure I am. I tired to re-designed another 20 which I was asked to, and in the end I got rejected again. But I can look into my lecturer face that she gave me mercy and she accepts one of the designs only. Then, my design lecturer gave another assignment again. I did around 52 designs and got rejected again!! And I am again 1 of the 2 person who got rejected again. Seriously, this prove I am a failure. She looked at me and said "Not good enough and it is not enough, and this is not I want. Please design again". I put my head down on the table, trying to be cool, holding back my feelings, then my friend Peggy come and comfort me and helped me which it made me feel a lot better. 

In the end, I did more designs and showed my lecturer again. She looked she was not happy with it AGAIN and did the mercy thing to me AGAIN and I am a failure AGAIN. Seriously, I had lost hope because I don't understand what am I good at anymore. :( 

But I always tell myself, "To become a great artist, must come with a great price to pay." Agree with me? 


♥♥
meow-chan

1 fishy comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, see if u can consult any seniors from ur academy, they can at least give u some ideas right? Have more confidence in urself ba. practice makes perfect! *wise man talking* =P glad to hear that u have a good rest yday,hehehehe..u're my 'wife' ma of course i support u one!! XD.. but my manager always tell me this "choose ur own path,and strive for it,if anything goes wrong,encounter it and not blaming people"